Friday, May 23, 2008

Great Moments in Beamerball: Give it to me, Roscoe



About this play:

Nov. 1, 2003 | Hokies vs. Miami
Lane Stadium | Blacksburg, Va.

The Hokies used two defensive touchdowns by DeAngelo Hall and Eric Green to build a 31-0 lead on their way to a 31-7 win over No. 2 Miami. It was the highest ranked opponent the Hokies had ever beaten. Hall's touchdown opened the scoring early in the second quarter. He stripped the ball from Miami receiver Roscoe Parrish and galloped 28 yards for the touchdown.

The play is made famous by Bill Roth's call. "He said, 'Give it to me, Roscoe, give it to me!' And down the sidelines Hall went!"

This is the one Virginia Tech game the last few years I didn't attend that I wish I had. The atmosphere for that game was unlike any seen at Lane Stadium. It was one of those special nights where the opposition just had no chance.

No comments: