The VT women's lacrosse team hosts North Carolina at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Thompson Field. The struggling Hokies are 4-10 overall and 1-2 in ACC play. I don't think I ever remember a point where the women's lacrosse team was any good, but that doesn't mean it won't see a big attendance figure Wednesday.
Wednesday's game will feature something called the "Greek Challenge" where the fraternity or sorority with the most members in attendance receives a $100 gift card to the business of its choice. My guess is you'll see a lot of greeks at Wednesday's game because from what I experienced in college greeks get excited about any opportunity to beat other greeks at anything.
Whether its raising money or drinking terrible 3.2 beer, greeks get a kick out of being the best at it. Hopefully it means a spirited atmosphere for the game against the 7-2 Tar Heels.
Attendance to women's lacrosse games are free at VT, but I assume the increased attendance will mean increased concession sales. And if the Hokies were smart and got that $100 gift card donated, it's all profit.
- Aaron McFarling has greater appreciation for the ADV era than I do.
- BCO really likes IPAs. I can't stand IPAs. To each his own.
- Tech Hoops gives its summer schedule.
Atlantic Coast Conference
- Enjoy it while you can boys. There's no spring break in the real world. /sobs uncontrollably. /applies to grad school.
- Jeff and Brian are too close to call in their Tournament pool. Jeff's only ahead because he had his wife pick his bracket.
- Pretty good motivational ploy by Roy during the LSU game.
- Apparently the near-empty Dolphin Stadium for Miami games isn't because 'Canes fans suck. It's because Miami fans suck in general.
- Spring practice starts at Georgia Tech.
- Looks like all that money the Virginia Lottery gives to Virginia Public Schools didn't help Percy Harvin.
- Giglio looks at Gonzaga's history in the NCAA Tournament.
- Sad face.
- It was a bad weekend to be a Sabres fan.