Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let's do the First Lines of the Year

Bodog, the official illegal online gambling site of furrer4heisman, has posted its lines for Week 1 of the season. Let's take a look at the ACC lines:

Virginia Tech -9.5 vs. East Carolina
NC State +13 at South Carolina
Wake Forest -12 at Baylor
USC -20 at Virginia
Boston College -10 vs. Kent State
Alabama +5 vs. Clemson

Those are the only games Bodog is taking action on right now. Which ones do I like? At first glance, not many of the ACC teams. There also aren't many lines I'm willing to touch. I'm a big fan of taking teams at home that are giving a lot of points, which is Baylor and Virginia. But am I willing to put money on either to beat the spread? That's debatable.

But in the interest of being a good sport, I'll take a stab at picking all the ACC games ATS. My picks in bold:

Virginia Tech -9.5 vs. East Carolina
NC State +13 at South Carolina
Wake Forest -12 at Baylor
USC -20 at Virginia
Boston College -10 vs. Kent State
Alabama +5 vs. Clemson

The only true road team I'm taking is USC. That's not exactly going out on a limb, but we'll see how it plays out. Meanwhile, here are some teams I really like this weekend:

Utah +3.5 at Michigan
- Hell, I'll probably end up taking the money line on this one.
Missouri -8.5 vs. Illinois
- People underestimate how big a loss Mendenhall was.
Cal -4.5 vs. Michigan State
- And the Michigan State bandwagon loses a wheel before it gets going.
Colorado -11 vs. Colorado State
- This year's Kansas? Probably not, but they'll still destroy the Rams.
UCLA +7.5 vs. Tennessee
- Home dog + hatred of Tennessee = $

The last time the Vols ventured to the Left Coast:

No comments: