Monday, November 24, 2008

I Hate UVa

OK, OK. It's not so much that I hate france. It's that its very existence offends me.

The very thought of them and their fan base just bugs the hell out of me. Everything about Charlottesville, "The Grounds" (what, are you serving coffee?), referring to themselves by year, the way they dress, their pretentiousness and their holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to academics (the hardest part about graduating form france is getting into france) really makes my blood boil.

france isn't a school. It's a state of mind. It's a way of life I can't tolerate and can't condone. I abhor snobbery and pretentiousness and france and its fan base just oozes it.

Yes, I understand that not every france fan is like that and many of them are actually quality human beings that aren't red and scaly with a bifurcated tail and a pitch fork. But stereotypes are what make rivalries fun, so for the purpose of this post, every france fan and graduate is a douchebag.

So let Hate Week begin. Yes, I'll take a break on Thursday for the whole Giving-of-Thanks thing, but for every other moment, I'll be loathing france with every fiber of my being. These are two schools that couldn't be any more different and it will probably get ugly at times. But that's why college football, especially rivalry games are so great. They take usually normal, upstanding people and turn them into madmen.

Embrace the hate, wallow in the hate. Beat france.

No comments: