Monday, November 10, 2008

Welcome to Hate Week: Beat Miami



If that doesn't make you want to run through a brick wall, I don't know what will.

There's no Monday Masochism this week because it's Miami week. I can't stand Miami. My hatred for the Hurricanes waned during the Coker Era because Coker was a good man and a good Oklahoman that tried valiantly to clean up Miami's image. All that came crashing down during the FIU brawl.

But now that the Hurricanes have fired a good man and a good Oklahoman in Coker, I'm free to hate Miami with the same venom I did when Butchie was there. The games with the 'Canes have typically been close since the Hokies first beat them in 1995. With only a few exceptions, each game has been well played come down to the last minute.

This year should be no different. The Younglings have been playing well recently, but are still an inexperienced team. The Hokies just played one of their best games, but are far from the teams of the last four years.

If anything it'll be fun to watch, especially on a Thursday night for the first time. You can bet I'll try to leave work early in order to get into the proper frame of mind for this game.

No, Miami doesn't inspire the same pure, unadulterated, undying, unyielding hate that UVa does, but it's still Da U and everything that comes with Da U. Beat Miami.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just shed a tear