Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An E-mail from The Weather Channel

It's amazing what one pithy blog post can lead to. Yesterday, I mentioned Virginia Tech's game with East Carolina did not appear on TWC's college football page.

In my inbox this morning was a note from a TWC online product manager:

Good morning,

I just wanted to let you know that we stumbled upon your blog today and noticed your issues with our college football listings; I’m glad you were able to point out those inaccuracies regarding VT’s and BC’s schedules. Unfortunately, we rely on an outside vendor to supply our schedules and that is where the mess up occurred. I’ve contacted them and hopefully the corrections will be live on the site by the end of today. Just so you are aware, we are in the process of making a significant upgrade to our college football section. The new product will contain enhanced scheduling information, weather performance statistics for each team and additional data from a new partnership with ESPN. Make sure to check back in early October. Also, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you should come across any other errors on the site.

Thanks.

Philip Gargiulo, Product Manager
The Weather Channel Interactive
XXXXXXXXX@weather.com


Apparently, that outside vendor just doesn't believe in neutral site games. The Clemson-Bama game isn't listed either, although it is being played in a dome. The new features TWC is promising are exciting. The weather-related performance stats will be great for addicted gamblers like me. Looking forward to seeing it.

Although I don't need the Weather Channel to tell me how the Hokies play under certain conditions.

Rain:


No Rain:

No comments: