Virginia Tech (16-10, 6-6) at Clemson (22-4, 8-4)
Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson, S.C.
7:30 p.m. ET | ESPN2
Virginia Tech finishes its regular season ACC slate with four games against the top four teams in the ACC standings: at Clemson, Duke, North Carolina and at Florida State. The first of Tech's run through the gauntlet is tonight against the Tigers.
The Hokies have lost three in a row and five of their last seven. Tech has also lost its last three road games and four of its six road games in ACC play. The Hokies' struggles against Clemson have been well documented as they've dropped four consecutive match ups with the Tigers, including a 86-82 decision at home on Jan. 29.
The Hokies led that game by 15 points just before the under-16 media timeout in the second half before watching the Tigers out-score them 38-19 to end the game.
It's been a long time since Tech's "Big Three" (Malcolm Delaney, AD Vassallo and Jeff Allen) have all clicked at the same time. If the Hokies have any chance of making the NCAA Tournament, all three will need to be on tonight.
If the Hokies lose tonight, it's officially football season. If they win, they have momentum going into back-to-back home games against Duke and UNC.
- ACC Sports Journal says the Hokies aren't quite ready for prime time.
- Tech Hoops has its always in-depth preview of the trip to Littlejohn.
- Tech Sideline points out the Tigers actually shoot better in Blacksburg vs. VT than at home.
- Block-C has its take, calling us "a complete team." They don't watch us very much, do they?
- Coach Beamer supports Mike Vick's effort to return to the NFL.
- Maker's is actually a bourbon, Brian.