The ACC took care of business this weekend, winning all four non-conference games. Some were less impressive than others:
1. Virginia Tech
2. Boston College
3. North Carolina
4. Georgia Tech
5. Wake Forest
6. Florida State
12. NC State
- I was completely unimpressed with Wake Forest's performance against Clemson. Its defense played well against a depleted Clemson offensive line and an offensive coordinator that has no clue. But the offense struggled most of the night.
- Georgia Tech dropped two spots. I would have dropped the Jackets more if they hadn't been playing their third-string QB. But still, 10 points vs. Gardner-Webb? You're better than that.
- I really don't like having the Hokies in the top spot. It scares me.
- The Hoos' run game is looking more like I thought it would at the beginning of the season.
- Clemson might as well be 12th.
This Week's ACC Games
Florida State at NC State, 7:30 on ESPN
Georgia Tech at Clemson, Noon on ESPN or ESPN2
Wake Forest at Maryland, Noon on Raycom
Miami at Duke, 3:30 on ESPNU
North Carolina at Virginia, 3:30 on ABC/ESPN2 (reverse mirror)
Virginia Tech at Boston College, 8 on ESPN2
Everyone rejoice over the full slate of games. I'll go into detail on all of them Monday.