Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Road Trip No. 6: VT vs. Maryland
Gobbler Country Road Trip No. 6
Football: Maryland at Virginia Tech
Miles Round Trip: 2,200
Total Dollars Spent: $320 ($200 gas, $50 food and drink, $40 ticket, $30 souvenirs)
Yeah, I cut this one short and came home on Friday. Needed to save money for the trip back for Thanksgiving and the UVa game. I still hit most the stops I wanted to, as you'll see below.
What Impressed Me
- Corky's BBQ. That's a given.
- Cody Freaking Grimm. Damn, son, damn.
- Maryland fans. Not as big of ass holes as advertised.
- My car's gas mileage, which was better than ever.
What Didn't Impress Me
- The weather. The fact I wore short sleeves at Lane in November is unacceptable.
- Maryland's defensive line.
- Corky's new bread pudding. I'm the world's biggest fan of bread pudding, but theirs was overcooked. I like my bread pudding creamy, not crispy. I'll stick to their pe-can pie from here on out. That's what I get for breaking from tradition.
- My ability to not be a belligerent drunk during the game.
The traditional pit stop at Corky's.
TOTS. Rails, FTW. I had two rails on an empty stomach at 1 p.m. on gameday and was hammered.
Greatest license plate ever?
Outside of Lane.
The World Famous Clubhouse Tailgate.
Communion call for Maryland. My first home game communion.
Hokies take the field. There's a reason the photo is slanted and it has nothing to do with me trying to be artistic.
Lane at night.
OMG!!1 Our hero was in the house! Will M.F.-ing Furrer returns to Blacksburg!
Points on the board means girls in the air.
Hello, win column!
Car on fire on 81. About a 20 minute delay on the drive home.
The Appy State equipment truck on its way to Chattanooga.