Monday, December 1, 2008

The Bo Ryan Story

No matter the result of tonight's game, I'll be happy. I'm a big fan of Bo Ryan, and thus I root for Wisconsin whenever they aren't playing VT.

In 2002, I was at the Final Four in Atlanta. I watched Ryan do an interview on Radio Row at the Final Four Fan Fest. While the interview was going on, an elderly gentleman next to me asked who that was doing an interview on the radio.

I then went on and on about Ryan's career and where he had started and how he had risen through the coaching ranks to Wisconsin. I talked about how much I respected him and basically gave Bo Ryan a verbal blow job to this old guy who had asked me about him.

After Ryan finished the interview, he walked right up to the old man and gave him a big hug. It was his dad.

Dad introduced me to son and since then I've been an even bigger fan of Ryan and Wisconsin basketball. So while I'll be rooting for the Hokies tonight, in no way will I be rooting against the Badgers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the officials who called all those weak fouls on Jeff Allen read your story. lol! Just kidding.

Winfield Featherston said...

verbal blow job *snicker*